St. John’s University students complain of lack of online support for Black History MonthBreaking News
tags: Black History Month
Students at one of the city’s most diverse universities have complained to officials about the lack of online support for minority-related events like Black History Month.
The controversy started when St. John’s University, a private university in Queens, posted well wishes for students who celebrated the Lunar New Year.
Recent graduate Xavier Buck responded within minutes.
“Not that this isn't important, but can we take note that we are 8 days into Black History Month and there hasn't been a single post?” he wrote.
comments powered by Disqus
- How American High Schools Teach The Iraq War
- The waves of feminism, and why people keep fighting over them, explained
- Florida to replace Confederate statue in US Capitol
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa
- University of Chicago’s Hanna Holborn Gray has written a memoir
- Historians’ assessment of Obama’s legacy
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson