Paul Ryan’s Whiskers Prompt Look at House PrecedentBreaking News
tags: Paul Ryan
Speaker Paul D. Ryan may have stolen “Movember.”
Mr. Ryan, the Wisconsin Republican, returned from his Thanksgiving break with some serious stubble, prompting questions of whether he was participating in the annual fund-raiser in which men ditch their razors in November.
Proud of his furry face, Mr. Ryan wondered on social media whether he was, in fact, the first bearded House speaker in a century.
comments powered by Disqus
- Frantz Fanon and the CIA Man
- What Orwell’s ‘1984’ tells us about today’s world, 70 years after it was published
- ‘Not above the law’: Executive privilege’s contentious history from Washington to Trump
- Civil War-era flag of black regiment to be auctioned; historian says it is last of its kind
- Why No One Can Agree on What George Washington Thought About the Relationship Between Church and State
- Researchers Uncover Ancient Grape DNA That Tells the Prolific History of Wine
- Three Recent Books Examine Frederick Douglass' Legacy
- Biographer Jon Meacham, Tim McGraw explore American history in song
- The 'Counter-Textbooks' Offering Kids a Radical Look at History
- Georgia history professor’s immigration comments cause stir on social media