Paul Ryan’s Whiskers Prompt Look at House PrecedentBreaking News
tags: Paul Ryan
Speaker Paul D. Ryan may have stolen “Movember.”
Mr. Ryan, the Wisconsin Republican, returned from his Thanksgiving break with some serious stubble, prompting questions of whether he was participating in the annual fund-raiser in which men ditch their razors in November.
Proud of his furry face, Mr. Ryan wondered on social media whether he was, in fact, the first bearded House speaker in a century.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible