Ben Carson defends linking gun control to the HolocaustBreaking News
tags: gun control, election 2016
"The likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed," he told CNN on Thursday.
An anti-Semitism monitoring group says linking US gun control to the Holocaust is "historically inaccurate".
Mr Carson is polling second in the Republican race behind Donald Trump.
On Friday, Mr Carson reiterated his views about gun control.
"Basically, what I said is when tyranny occurs traditionally around the world, they try to disarm the people first," Mr Carson told the National Press Club in Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama