Putin to Obama: Learn The Lessons Of Soviet History, "Social Experiments For Export" Do Not WorkBreaking News
tags: Putin, Obama
At the UN General Assembly, Russian President Vladimir Putin says that President Obama needs to learn the lessons of history before intervening internationally, because "certain episodes from the history of the Soviet Union, social experiments for export, attempts to push for changes with other countries based on ideological preferences... often lead to tragic consequences."
"It seems that far from learning from the mistakes of others, everyone keeps repeating them," Putin said. "And so the export of revolutions, this time of so-called democratic ones, continues. It was enough to look at the situation in the Middle and North Africa."
"But how did it actually turn out? Rather than bringing about reforms and addressing foreign interference, it resulted in a brazen destruction of national institutions and lifestyles. Instead of the triumph of democracy and progress, we got violence, poverty and social division. And nobody cares about about human rights, including the rights to life."
comments powered by Disqus
- Which is the greatest 'witch hunt' in US political history?
- A Fake Site Posted an Apology for the Mormon Church’s History of Racism
- Republicans Escalate Bitter Fight Over Judicial Nominations
- ‘Bigger Than Watergate’? Both Sides Say Yes, but for Different Reasons
- Is Trump the Second Coming of Reagan?
- When did the Census begin to ask about citizenship?
- As historians and New York City educators, here’s what we hope teachers hear in New York City's new anti-bias training
- Historian's new book backs Taika Waititi's claims New Zealand is 'racist as f**k’
- Howard M. Sachar, GWU scholar and ‘trailblazer’ of Jewish history, dies at 90
- Bernard Lewis, eminent historian of the Middle East, dies at 101