Saudi coalition bombs a historic site in Yemen and destroys itBreaking News
tags: Yemen, Ancient Artifacts
Destruction of Baraqish in Yemen. This just received from the President of the American Institute of Yemeni Studies (AIYS) -- from an email list by Lamya Khalidi, it is she that I am quoting below:
"I can confirm that at the site of Baraqish, the Saudi coalition bombarded the temple of Nakrah which had been completely restored by the Italians and of which nothing remains, the temple of Athtar, the city wall of the site and the Italian mission's dig house. For those who don't read Arabic the photos should suffice."
Image from Wikipedia of the town of Baraqish before destruction
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel