Saudi coalition bombs a historic site in Yemen and destroys itBreaking News
tags: Yemen, Ancient Artifacts
Destruction of Baraqish in Yemen. This just received from the President of the American Institute of Yemeni Studies (AIYS) -- from an email list by Lamya Khalidi, it is she that I am quoting below:
"I can confirm that at the site of Baraqish, the Saudi coalition bombarded the temple of Nakrah which had been completely restored by the Italians and of which nothing remains, the temple of Athtar, the city wall of the site and the Italian mission's dig house. For those who don't read Arabic the photos should suffice."
Image from Wikipedia of the town of Baraqish before destruction
comments powered by Disqus
- Law Prof: If Recent SCOTUS Decisions Relied on Bad History, Opponents Need to Come Up with a Better Version
- How Hitler's Favorite Passion Play Lost its Anti-Semitism
- Fighting Back Against Book Banners
- At CPAC, Trump Presents a Violent Blueprint for Taking Power
- Mario Fiorentini (1918-2022): The Last Surviving Italian Partisan
- Walter Russell Mead: Non-Jewish Interest Groups, not "Israel Lobby" Drive Hawkish US Mideast Policy
- The Architecture of the Shopping Mall Shaped by Racism, Surveillance
- The Misuse of History in 2021 Documentary "The Business of Birth Control"
- It's Hard to Be God
- Alex Keyssar on the Need to Reform the Electoral Count Act