'Stonewall' trailer critics: Film whitewashes historyBreaking News
tags: gay history, Stonewall, LGBT
Director Roland Emmerich might have expected heaps of praise from the LGBT community when the trailer for his film Stonewall was released last week.
Instead, he found himself in a swirl of criticism aimed at his film, which depicts the real-life New York City riots that sparked the gay rights movement. .
So, what's the backlash all about? Race, some LGBT activists assert.
comments powered by Disqus
- Raw Fish and Tapeworms: Ancient Latrines Reveal the Diets of Our Ancestors
- Sam Houston Could Soon Be Getting His Own Presidential Library
- Trump delays release of some JFK assassination files until 2021, bowing to national security concerns
- A Lynching Memorial Is Opening. The Country HasNever Seen Anything Like It.
- Gina Haspel’s CIA Torture File
- Historian Erik Loomis makes the case for a federal jobs guarantee
- Michael Beschloss says this isn't the most politically divisive time in America
- This is what happened when a historian with a rural background wrote favorably about gun control in the Washington Post
- Is Economics Going Back To The 1800s? Maybe So.
- Historian: Why destroying archives is never a good idea