In a county that tried to amend U.S. history course, a lesson in politicsBreaking News
Voters in Jefferson County, Colo., are petitioning to recall three conservative members of the local school board who caused a national stir last fall after criticizing the Advanced Placement U.S. History course for being insufficiently patriotic.
Residents collected more than twice the number of required signatures on a petition to recall the three conservative members of the five-member Jefferson County Board of Education.
Jeffco United for Action said it had more than 110,000 on petitions to recall board members John Newkirk, Ken Witt and Julie Williams. The group needs 15,000 valid signatures for each board member it wants to unseat in order to force a recall election.
comments powered by Disqus
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?