British tourists arrested in China for watching documentary about Genghis KhanBreaking News
tags: China, Genghis Khan, British tourists
Three more British tourists are to be deported back to the UK by China after they were arrested during a historical sightseeing tour for watching a documentary.
They are among the last of a group of friends including nine Britons, 10 South Africans and an Indian to be freed from jail and returned to their home countries.
State media claimed the visitors had been watching “banned terrorist videos” but they insisted the film in question was a documentary about Genghis Khan.
comments powered by Disqus
- All of American history fits in the life span of only three presidents
- A rare copy of the Declaration of Independence survived the Civil War hidden behind wallpaper. Later it was tossed in a box.
- ‘We say now’: The day more than 25,000 Florida teachers resigned over pay and school funding
- Every president’s health, ranked
- Was Pirate Black Sam Bellamy Found? DNA Test Could Tell
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89