Ohio's John Boehner is the third most winning House Speaker in GOP history, professor saysBreaking News
tags: John Boehner
Despite sporadic reports of House Republicans scheming to oust John Boehner from his job as Speaker of the House of Representatives, a University of Minnesota analysis indicates the Ohioan has been among the more successful GOP House Speakers at increasing the number of seats held by his party.
According to Eric J. Ostermeier of the school's Center for the Study of Politics and Governance, Boehner is one of just three Republicans to add seats to the party's majority during his speakership.
Although Republicans lost several seats during the 2012 election - the first Boehner oversaw as speaker - they captured more seats than that during the 2014 election, for an overall gain of five seats during Boehner's tenure, says Ostermeier.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority