Snoop Dogg Thinks 'Game of Thrones' Actually Happened, is Based on HistoryBreaking News
Yahoo News Snoop Dogg Thinks 'Game of Thrones' Actually Happened, is Based on History
HBO's hit series Game of Thrones might contain some real-life lessons about family, but at the end of the day it’s still a fantasy show – for most of us. However, the show apparently is startlingly realistic for at least one artist out there.
Namely, rapper Snoop Dogg, who seems to believe that the dragon-infested world of GoT is real ... or at least was real. When a reporter for the New York Post asked him about being a fan of the series, Snoop replied: “I watch it for historic reasons, to try to understand what this world was based on before I got here.”
Of course, this world -- a.k.a., Earth -- and the Game of Thrones world of Westeros are a little different. Needless to say, one actually is real and the other is based on a series of fantasy books. ...
Washington Post The real history behind ‘Game of Thrones’
A new video by TED-Ed, the education initiative of the ideas-driven nonprofit, situates the story of HBO's hit series "Game of Thrones" in its proper historical frame. George R.R. Martin, the author of the best-selling fantasy novels that inspired the television show, says that though his tale of medieval intrigue and war draws from a range of historical sources, it clings "closest" to England's 15th-century War of the Roses, a series of dynastic civil wars that lasted three decades....
comments powered by Disqus
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History