Snoop Dogg Thinks 'Game of Thrones' Actually Happened, is Based on HistoryBreaking News
HBO's hit series Game of Thrones might contain some real-life lessons about family, but at the end of the day it’s still a fantasy show – for most of us. However, the show apparently is startlingly realistic for at least one artist out there.
Namely, rapper Snoop Dogg, who seems to believe that the dragon-infested world of GoT is real ... or at least was real. When a reporter for the New York Post asked him about being a fan of the series, Snoop replied: “I watch it for historic reasons, to try to understand what this world was based on before I got here.”
Of course, this world -- a.k.a., Earth -- and the Game of Thrones world of Westeros are a little different. Needless to say, one actually is real and the other is based on a series of fantasy books. ...
Washington Post The real history behind ‘Game of Thrones’
A new video by TED-Ed, the education initiative of the ideas-driven nonprofit, situates the story of HBO's hit series "Game of Thrones" in its proper historical frame. George R.R. Martin, the author of the best-selling fantasy novels that inspired the television show, says that though his tale of medieval intrigue and war draws from a range of historical sources, it clings "closest" to England's 15th-century War of the Roses, a series of dynastic civil wars that lasted three decades....
comments powered by Disqus
- It’s the 50th anniversary of the day Trump left college and (briefly) faced the draft
- Hitler Did Not Escape to the Moon or Argentina, He’s Still Dead, Study Concludes
- Former New Orleans mayor presented with JFK award for removing Confederate statues
- Which is the greatest 'witch hunt' in US political history?
- A Fake Site Posted an Apology for the Mormon Church’s History of Racism
- Yuval Noah Harari: Brexit will not halt drive to 'human unification'
- When did the Census begin to ask about citizenship?
- As historians and New York City educators, here’s what we hope teachers hear in New York City's new anti-bias training
- Historian's new book backs Taika Waititi's claims New Zealand is 'racist as f**k’
- Howard M. Sachar, GWU scholar and ‘trailblazer’ of Jewish history, dies at 90