Black Studies Prof Says Slavery ‘White People Thing’Breaking News
Update Regret over tweets on race
Saida Grundy, a feminist sociologist of race and ethnicity listed as an incoming assistant professor of sociology and African-American studies at Boston University, has come under fire for Tweets that essentially argued white people were the worst slave owners on the planet.
She also argued on Twitter that “white college males” are the “problem population,” that “white masculinity isn’t a problem for america’s colleges, white masculinity is THE problem for america’s colleges.”
Grundy’s series of Tweets on April 22 declared:
is this the new “#AllLivesMatter”??
for the record, NO race outside of europeans had a system that made slavery a *personhood* instead of temporary condition
there is also no race except europeans who kidnapped and transported human beings in order to enslave them and their offspring for life
before europeans invented it as such, slavery was not a condition that was defacto inherited from parent to child.
comments powered by Disqus
- How American High Schools Teach The Iraq War
- The waves of feminism, and why people keep fighting over them, explained
- Florida to replace Confederate statue in US Capitol
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa
- University of Chicago’s Hanna Holborn Gray has written a memoir
- Historians’ assessment of Obama’s legacy
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson