Black Studies Prof Says Slavery ‘White People Thing’Breaking News
Update Regret over tweets on race
Saida Grundy, a feminist sociologist of race and ethnicity listed as an incoming assistant professor of sociology and African-American studies at Boston University, has come under fire for Tweets that essentially argued white people were the worst slave owners on the planet.
She also argued on Twitter that “white college males” are the “problem population,” that “white masculinity isn’t a problem for america’s colleges, white masculinity is THE problem for america’s colleges.”
Grundy’s series of Tweets on April 22 declared:
is this the new “#AllLivesMatter”??
for the record, NO race outside of europeans had a system that made slavery a *personhood* instead of temporary condition
there is also no race except europeans who kidnapped and transported human beings in order to enslave them and their offspring for life
before europeans invented it as such, slavery was not a condition that was defacto inherited from parent to child.
comments powered by Disqus
- Charleston Apologizes for City’s Role in Slave TradeCharleston Apologizes for City’s Role in Slave Trade
- With 'America First,' Trump Challenges The World Constructed After World War II
- Newly Discovered ‘Limb Pit’ Reveals Civil War Surgeons’ Bitter Choices
- Mark Twain Claimed He Got His Pen Name From a Riverboat Captain
- The story of the slave trade’s last survivor
- Parents, Teachers, Legislators Support Reinstating Passage of U.S. History Test as High School Graduation Requirement in Massachusetts
- Mary Beard on big thinkers and 'sexist rants’
- If postwar history starts in 1951, did the UK Tories ‘blue-wash’ the A-level syllabus?
- Daniel Pipes predicts chaos in the Middle East as countries turn away from fossil fuels
- Stanley Fish says historians are deluded in thinking their training gives them special insights in politics that should be passed on to students (and others)