A Horrific Case of Murder that Reinforces Gay StereotypesHistorians in the News
Lauren Gutterman was interviewed by the History News Network on April 17, 2015 during the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians where she discussed the case of Jeannance Freeman, who was convicted of murdering the two children of her lesbian lover. In the interview Ms. Gutterman breaks the taboo of gay historians who have shied away from stories that tend to reinforce stereotypes about gays.
comments powered by Disqus
- Indentured Students: Elizabeth Tandy Shermer on Student Debt (Monday, October 4)
- The Last Good Neighbor: Mexico in the Global Sixties (Washington History Seminar, Mon. 9/27)
- Stoic Wisdom: Ancient Lessons for Modern Resilience (Thursday, 9/23)
- Traveling Black: Mia Bay Joins the Washington History Seminar, September 20
- Why are Historians Facing Online Abuse Over Whether Atlantis Existed?