A Horrific Case of Murder that Reinforces Gay StereotypesHistorians in the News
Lauren Gutterman was interviewed by the History News Network on April 17, 2015 during the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians where she discussed the case of Jeannance Freeman, who was convicted of murdering the two children of her lesbian lover. In the interview Ms. Gutterman breaks the taboo of gay historians who have shied away from stories that tend to reinforce stereotypes about gays.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama