Iraqi city of Nimrud stood for 3,000 years, until ISISBreaking News
tags: Iraq, ISIS, ancient Iraq artifacts
Related Link Islamic State B-movie of attack on Nimrud
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has released a new video showing what appears to be the terror group's destruction of an ancient city in Iraq.
It was a city that stood for 3,000 years, reduced to dust in a matter of seconds. That's what new video from ISIS purports to show. It cannot be independently verified.
But if legitimate, a crater is all that remains of the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud, one of Iraq's greatest archaeological treasures.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold
- The NFL Told Teams to Stand During the National Anthem in the 1960s
- When the CIA Infiltrated a Presidential Campaign
- How the Mueller Investigation Could Play Out for Trump
- Heather Cox Richardson says the crisis of the Trump administration has begun
- Historian: Native Americans deserve to be remembered as Southerners, too
- We’re whitewashing the history of our founding, says Leslie Harris
- Historians Debate Which President Leonardo DiCaprio Should Play
- Chapel Hill’s Jay M. Smith says school administrators are scared of academic freedom