Details of Spectacular Liao Dynasty Palace RevealedBreaking News
tags: archaeology, China, Liao Dynasty
Archaeologists working in China have revealed details of a spectacular imperial palace.
The palace, located in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region of Northern China, is part of an ancient city which was once the upper capital of the Liao Dynasty. The site is located southeast of the modern town of Lindong.
A joint team, from the Inner Mongolian Second Archaeological Team, the Institute of Archaeology, the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and the Inner Mongolian Institute of Cultural Relics and Archaeology, excavated the site between July and October 2014, but it is only now that their findings are available in English.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- After Sylvester Stallone Call, Trump Considers ‘Full Pardon’ of Long-Dead Black Boxer
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- W.R. Smyser, U.S. diplomat turned historian of postwar Germany, dies at 86
- Max Boot: North Korea is conning Donald Trump yet again