White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian CivilizationHistorians in the News
Contact: Jabbar Jaafar
Urgent action is needed to stop ISIS’s barbaric acts against Iraq’s and international heritage
We are cultural and archaeological activists preparing to kick off a campaign in Washington, DC to urge and pressure the policy and decision makers to take immediate action to stop ISIS from destroying the remaining Mesopotamian Civilization in Mosul as well as other archaeological sites or we will lose an important part of Iraqi and world heritage.
The first event of the campaign will be a march before the White House
The organizers are Jabbar J AL Shuwaili and Abdul Amir AL Hamdani, cultural and heritage activists. Their goals are:
● to urge and pressure the policy and decision makers to take immediate action against the terrorist group ISIS.
● to familiarize the general population in the United States with the savage and uncivilized acts of ISIS that have been performed against the people of Iraq and their civilization.
● to inform the international community that Iraqis are civilized people who love their heritage and are determined to exert every effort to preserve their civilization. And, to make known that what is rumored by ISIS — that the statutes and relics of the old civilizations are forbidden by Islam — is absolutely untrue according to senior moderate Islam clerics.
When: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 12:00 noon.
Where: In front of the White House in Washington, D.C.
About the organizers
Jabbar Jaafar, Strategic Communications Specialist. He is a cultural activist interested in defending culture, heritage, freedom of opinion and expression in Iraq.
Abdul Amir AL Hamdani, Iraqi Archaeologist & Researcher- Stony Brook University
comments powered by Disqus
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism
- Q: “Sir, would you like a history of this monument?” A: “F**k You!”
- Russian gulag historian faces 9 years in prison
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa