AHA 2015: Historical Perspectives on Ferguson (Video)News at Home
tags: racism, Ferguson, AHA2015
This video, broadcast on CSPAN, features a panel at the 2015 annual convention of the American Historical Association: "Understanding Ferguson: Race, Power, Protest, and the Past." Panelists include: Marcia Chatelain (Georgetown University), William Jelani Cobb (University of Connecticut), Colin H. Gordon (University of Iowa), Khalil Muhammad (Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture), and Heather Ann Thompson (Temple University).
comments powered by Disqus
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad