Brookings's Stephen Hess has put out a series of columns on what it was like to hang out with Richard NixonHistorians in the News
Stephen Hess, who served in both the Eisenhower and Nixon administrations, and later went on to write a groundbreaking history of American political dynasties, has published his reminiscences about Nixon on the website of the Brookings Institution, where he has long worked. Hess recently published a new book, The Professor and The President: Daniel Patrick Moynihan in the Nixon White House (Brookings Press, December 2014).
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama