Large Crowd Protests NYC Terrorism OperaBreaking News
tags: opera, The Death of Klinghoffer
You know an opera is controversial when the protesters outside start comparing the opera house to a Nazi death camp.
That at least was the sentiment expressed by hundreds of protesters gathered across the street from Lincoln Center Monday night to express the opposition to a performance of The Death of Klinghoffer by the Metropolitan Opera on Manhattan’s west side.
“This might not be Auschwitz. It is Lincoln Center,” said Ben Brafman, a high profile defense attorney, citing his grandparents who were murdered in the Holocaust.
comments powered by Disqus
- "People don’t realize": Trump and the historical facts he wants you to know
- Autism doctor Hans Asperger collaborated with the Nazis, new research shows
- University of Wisconsin, Madison to reckon with Ku Klux Klan history, but won't remove KKK member names from buildings
- School responds to assignment asking students to list 'positives' of slavery
- Lost in Battle, Found by Amateur Sleuths: An ‘Unknown’ Marine
- Is Sean Wilentz right that liberals believe in capitalism and progressives don’t?
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad