Fox to turn Doris Kearns Goodwin’s “No Ordinary Time” into a 10 hour series on FDR and EleanorHistorians in the News
tags: FDR, doris kearns goodwin, No Ordinary Time
Fox has put in development No Ordinary Time, a 10-hour limited series based on Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Pulitzer Prize-winning book chronicling President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s third term during World War II.
Stephen Frears (The Queen) is attached to direct the project, which will be written by Paul Webb (Selma). Landscape Entertainment’s Bob Cooper and Tyler Mitchell will executive produce with Alan J. Pakula‘s widow, writer Hannah Pakula, andEntertainment One Television. Alan Pakula, long a respected writer/director, was working on a feature adaptation of Goodwin’s 1995 book when he was killed in a car accident in 1998.
“It was nearly two decades ago that Alan Pakula acquired the rights to No Ordinary Time, shortly after the book was published, and it was the last project he was working on before his untimely death,” Goodwin said. “He loved this project — this era, the people, the drama – as do I, and I am so glad that it will now be brought to life through his wife Hannah Pakula and this remarkable circle of talented people.”
The Fox limited series will be a new take on the material, with no elements of Pakula’s adaptation. Cooper’s Landscape tracked down and acquired the book rights, setting up the project at eOne, where Landscape has a first-look deal. eOne and FX Prods. will produce the series, with eOne handling international distribution...
comments powered by Disqus
- We Can Finally See the Real Source of Washington Gridlock
- Odds of a Contested November Election Are on the Rise
- Penguin Classics and Others Work to Diversify Offerings From the Canon
- Coping With Coronavirus Disappointments: Five Lessons From Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Case Against Waging ‘War’ on the Coronavirus
- Introducing A New Mini-Series: Neglected Gems
- And The Winners of the 2020 Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards Are ...
- AHA's Committee on LGBT History Announces Hardship Grants
- What Both the Left and the Right Get Wrong About the Coronavirus Economic Crisis
- As COVID-19 Spreads, Mary Barra Needs To Denounce Trump As Bad For Capitalism