Private Jackie Kennedy letters withdrawn from auctionBreaking News
tags: JFK, Jackie Kennedy
Recently discovered letters written by the late Jacqueline Kennedy, the widow of former US President John F Kennedy, to an Irish priest are being withdrawn from auction.
The correspondence was due to be auctioned next month in County Laois for up to $5m.
The extremely private Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy wrote to Father Joseph Leonard, a Vincentian priest at All Hallows College in north Dublin from 1950 until his death in 1964....
But the would-be auction proved controversial.
Many felt its contents were private and should have been returned to the Kennedy family; that the privacy of a very private woman should be respected; and that no money should be made out of the sale of such correspondence.
comments powered by Disqus
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 19340s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency