Private Jackie Kennedy letters withdrawn from auctionBreaking News
tags: JFK, Jackie Kennedy
Recently discovered letters written by the late Jacqueline Kennedy, the widow of former US President John F Kennedy, to an Irish priest are being withdrawn from auction.
The correspondence was due to be auctioned next month in County Laois for up to $5m.
The extremely private Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy wrote to Father Joseph Leonard, a Vincentian priest at All Hallows College in north Dublin from 1950 until his death in 1964....
But the would-be auction proved controversial.
Many felt its contents were private and should have been returned to the Kennedy family; that the privacy of a very private woman should be respected; and that no money should be made out of the sale of such correspondence.
comments powered by Disqus
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law