Historian Running for Congress in KansasHistorians in the News
tags: Congress, Kansas, Jim Sherow
A Kansas State University history professor and former Manhattan mayor has filed for the Democratic primary in the state's 1st Congressional District.
Jim Sherow (shuh-ROH') filed the paperwork Wednesday to put his name on the Aug. 5 ballot. The seat is currently held by conservative Republican Rep. Tim Huelskamp, who is seeking a third term.
comments powered by Disqus
- At Quaker library, a grim find: Native American remains in display case
- The spirit of 1968: global perspectives on the student revolution
- Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold
- The NFL Told Teams to Stand During the National Anthem in the 1960s
- Historian William Polk is alarmed at the latest plan to stabilize Afghanistan
- On Becoming An American Jewish Historian
- Law professor has a theory about the 2nd Amendment historians might want to consider
- Number of history majors is up at community colleges
- Archaeologists are rewriting the history of Arabia