Historian Running for Congress in KansasHistorians in the News
tags: Congress, Kansas, Jim Sherow
A Kansas State University history professor and former Manhattan mayor has filed for the Democratic primary in the state's 1st Congressional District.
Jim Sherow (shuh-ROH') filed the paperwork Wednesday to put his name on the Aug. 5 ballot. The seat is currently held by conservative Republican Rep. Tim Huelskamp, who is seeking a third term.
comments powered by Disqus
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.
- How American High Schools Teach The Iraq War
- The waves of feminism, and why people keep fighting over them, explained
- Florida to replace Confederate statue in US Capitol
- 43% of Americans still think the Iraq War was a good idea
- “Civilisations" presenter David Olusoga blames Winston Churchill for war crimes in Africa
- University of Chicago’s Hanna Holborn Gray has written a memoir
- Historians’ assessment of Obama’s legacy
- Facebook’s Historian: Professor Heather Cox Richardson
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history