Kansas school district apologizes for only inviting African-American students on field tripBreaking News
A Kansas school district has issued an apology after sending a letter to high school students that only seemed to invite African-Americans on a proposed field trip that included visits to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, American Jazz Museum and lunch at a barbeque restaurant.
The letter, which was sent to Olathe South High School students by Assistant Principal Candy Birch, stated the school was “planning an outing open to our African-American sophomores and juniors” for April 5.
In addition to the museums and restaurant, the trip also included a stop at the Nelson-Atkins Art Gallery to see the "History and Hope: Celebrating the Civil Rights Movement" exhibit.
comments powered by Disqus
- Haiti, Cuba, and the History of U.S. Involvement in the Caribbean (Virtual Event July 29)
- The Past and Present of the U.S. Postal Service
- Yu Ruxin is Rescuing China’s Muzzled Past, One Footnote at a Time
- A History of Gymnastics from Ancient Greece to Tokyo 2020
- What Erotica Reveals about Society: A Conversation with Pernilla Myrne