Coltrane's Sax Joins Smithsonian Jazz CollectionBreaking News
tags: Smithsonian, museums, jazz, John Coltrane
One of John Coltrane's tenor saxophones is joining the jazz collection at the Smithsonian.
Coltrane's son, musician Ravi Coltrane, donated one of his father's three principal tenor saxophones to the National Museum of American History on Wednesday. It's a Selmer Mark VI tenor sax made in Paris about 1965....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians at the Rochester Institute of Technology are bolstering Wikipedia’s archive of entries on women’s history
- "Multiple Steves and Pauls": A History Panel Sets Off a Diversity Firestorm
- University of Washington Dean defends the liberal arts degree on economic grounds
- David S. Wyman, author of "The Abandonment of the Jews," has died at age 89
- Jon Meacham finds new meaning in the Age of Trump in Barbara Tuchman’s work on “The March of Folly”