Smithsonian wins approval for new museum designBreaking News
WASHINGTON (AP) - A federal arts panel has given final approval for designs and materials to build a bronze color "corona" as the defining element of the Smithsonian's new black history museum being built on the National Mall.
On Thursday, the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts voted to approve a cast aluminum lattice that will surround the National Museum of African American History and Culture. In different lights, it's meant to appear as a glowing bronze crown....
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘One last time’: Barbara Bush had already faced a death more painful than her own
- Belgium comes to terms with 'human zoos' of its colonial past
- Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues
- This love letter George H.W. Bush sent to Barbara is making people swoon
- Alabama governor defends Confederate monuments: We don't need 'out-of-state liberals' telling us what to do
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad
- 2018 Pulitzers in History, Biography and Nonfiction Go to ...