Fisherman nets centuries-old statue of Greek god Apollo in Gaza StripBreaking News
tags: ancient Greece, Greek mythology
Lost for centuries, a rare bronze statue of the Greek god Apollo has mysteriously appeared in the Gaza Strip, only to be seized by police and vanish almost immediately from view.
A local fisherman says he scooped the 500kg, life-sized bronze from the sea bed last August, and carried it home on a donkey cart, unaware of the significance of his catch.
Others soon guessed at its importance, and the statue briefly appeared on eBay with a $500,000 (£300,000) price tag – well below its true value. Police from the Islamist group Hamas say they are investigating....
comments powered by Disqus
- How to Make Jim Jordan Talk about January 6? Ask Jefferson Davis
- The Void That Critical Race Theory Was Created to Fill
- 95% of Capitol Sculptures Depict Men. Will That Change Soon?
- Southern Children Need to Hear the Truth about History
- Is a Group of New Deal Descendants Influencing the Biden Administration?