David Bruce Smith Publications LLC to publish history series for kidsHistorians in the News
David Bruce Smith has a mission: to get young people more interested in American history.
Smith, the scion of a wealthy and prominent family in northern Virginia (his father, Robert H. Smith, was the president of the National Gallery of Art) founded David Bruce Smith Publications LLC in 2003. The company specializes in the production of specialized, limited edition books on historic figures. Smith’s most recent is American Hero: John Marshall, Chief Justice of the United States.
Smith’s latest project is the Grateful American Series™, which is described on his website as “an interactive, multimedia program designed to restore enthusiasm in American history for children,” and will include a radio show, TV series, guidebooks featuring the presidential homes, promotional events, and an interactive website.
>The first episode of the radio show is already available.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘One last time’: Barbara Bush had already faced a death more painful than her own
- Belgium comes to terms with 'human zoos' of its colonial past
- Tennessee lawmakers punish Memphis for removing statues
- This love letter George H.W. Bush sent to Barbara is making people swoon
- Alabama governor defends Confederate monuments: We don't need 'out-of-state liberals' telling us what to do
- Mary Beard cut from US version of “Civilisations"
- Timothy Garton Ash: "We have six months to foil Brexit. And here’s how we can do it.”
- Why the Pulitzer Prize committee keeps ignoring women’s history
- No, we're not reliving the 1960s, says Harvard historian Arne Westad
- 2018 Pulitzers in History, Biography and Nonfiction Go to ...