David Bruce Smith Publications LLC to publish history series for kidsHistorians in the News
David Bruce Smith has a mission: to get young people more interested in American history.
Smith, the scion of a wealthy and prominent family in northern Virginia (his father, Robert H. Smith, was the president of the National Gallery of Art) founded David Bruce Smith Publications LLC in 2003. The company specializes in the production of specialized, limited edition books on historic figures. Smith’s most recent is American Hero: John Marshall, Chief Justice of the United States.
Smith’s latest project is the Grateful American Series™, which is described on his website as “an interactive, multimedia program designed to restore enthusiasm in American history for children,” and will include a radio show, TV series, guidebooks featuring the presidential homes, promotional events, and an interactive website.
>The first episode of the radio show is already available.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama