David Bruce Smith Publications LLC to publish history series for kidsHistorians in the News
David Bruce Smith has a mission: to get young people more interested in American history.
Smith, the scion of a wealthy and prominent family in northern Virginia (his father, Robert H. Smith, was the president of the National Gallery of Art) founded David Bruce Smith Publications LLC in 2003. The company specializes in the production of specialized, limited edition books on historic figures. Smith’s most recent is American Hero: John Marshall, Chief Justice of the United States.
Smith’s latest project is the Grateful American Series™, which is described on his website as “an interactive, multimedia program designed to restore enthusiasm in American history for children,” and will include a radio show, TV series, guidebooks featuring the presidential homes, promotional events, and an interactive website.
>The first episode of the radio show is already available.
comments powered by Disqus
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law