Strange 1924 Article Claimed Hitler 'Favorable to Jews'Breaking News
tags: Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler
Shimon Rahamim, an elderly Israeli, discovered what is perhaps the strangest newspaper article ever – an article in a Hebrew-language newspaper that called Hitler “favorable to the Jewish people.” The article, said Rahamim, is more than a historical curiosity. “It is a warning for the future,” he said.
The article appeared in the Hebrew-language Doar Hayom newspaper, dated August 8, 1924. The article discusses Hitler's role as leader of the “nationalist Germans,” and said that in an interview with a German publication, he had expressed “his warm feelings for the Jewish people.”
Hitler, the article said, had told the interviewer that all nations that had fallen in the past had suffered that fate because of their negative treatment of Jews. “He recommended that the entire world take stock” of their relations with the Jews, and adjust their behavior accordingly....
comments powered by Disqus
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law