Melissa Harris-Perry: 'I Am Sorry' For Romney Grandchild CommentsHistorians in the News
tags: historians, Melissa Harris-Perry
Melissa Harris-Perry apologized Tuesday for a controversial segment on her show about Mitt Romney's adopted grandson, Kieran, who is black.
The MSNBC host came under fire after joking about a photo of the Romney family that showed Romney holding his newest grandson on his knee. During her show Sunday, Harris-Perry had shown the photo and asked her panel for caption ideas. The roundtable joked about the baby being the only black person in the picture....
comments powered by Disqus
- The story of the slave trade’s last survivor
- UFO Toy Discontinued for Teaching Kids That Nazis Could Travel in Space
- Psychologists say memorials to lynching victims help their African-American descendants
- Posters, Banners, Boarding Passes: Museums Try to Get a Head Start on History
- Rejecting AP Courses
- Daniel Pipes predicts chaos in the Middle East as countries turn away from fossil fuels
- Stanley Fish says historians are deluded in thinking their training gives them special insights in politics that should be passed on to students (and others)
- Guest historian this week: Paul Krugman, the economist!
- US Senator (and historian) Ben Sasse has denounced the policy of separating children from parents at the border
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying