George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation AwardBreaking News
tags: LBJ, George H.W. Bush
HOUSTON (AP) — The Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation has given former President George H.W. Bush an award for his public service and government career.
Bush was given the LBJ Liberty and Justice for All Award Tuesday at his Houston office. The foundation said in a written statement that Bush personifies his fellow Texan president's vision for America.
Johnson's two daughters, Luci Baines Johnson and Lynda Johnson Robb, attended the presentation of the award to Bush and his wife, Barbara....
comments powered by Disqus
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- How a team of sophisticated forgers at an Essex country house fooled the Nazis
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law
- How One Amateur Historian Brought Us the Stories of African-Americans Who Knew Abraham Lincoln
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.