Western Michigan University history professors ask Board of Trustees to investigate provostHistorians in the News
tags: Western Michigan University
KALAMAZOO, MI -- Tensions between Western Michigan University's provost and faculty members still appear to be running high, two weeks after long-promised salary adjustments went out to 111 members of the faculty.
A month after the professors' union, in a rare move, voted to censure Provost Tim Greene, one department has asked the Board of Trustees and President John Dunn to investigate the provost's recent actions.
Specifically, the Department of History asked the trustees and Dunn to look into Greene's handling of the issue of gender equity on campus, an academic review program that it claims violated the contract with the university's professors union and what the department terms "disproportionate and damaging" cuts to the College of Arts and Sciences....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama