'Team of Rivals' Author Doris Kearns Goodwin Talks New Book, 'Bully Pulpit', Possible Movie (Q&A)Historians in the News
tags: doris kearns goodwin
Doris Kearns Godwin, the popular historian whose book Team of Rivals became the basis for the Oscar-nominated film Lincoln, is back, reintroducing another favorite president to the American public.
In Bully Pulpit she turns her attention to the bromance between Teddy Roosevelt and his successor and later rival William Howard Taft. Roosevelt was president from 1901-1908, taking office after William McKinley's assassination....
comments powered by Disqus
- New findings from Penn Slavery Project show how U. benefitted financially from enslaved labor
- Is it anti-Semitic for President Trump to call Chuck Todd ‘sleepy eyes’?
- Human Evolution: Walking Upright Evolved at Least 3.6 Million Years Ago—Long Before Modern Humans Appeared
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- Feds charge controversial Kent State University professor Julio Pino with lying to FBI
- New Yorker publishes profile of H.R. McMaster just weeks after Trump fires him
- Dartmouth historian Matthew J. Garcia says conservative partisans in Arizona have taken over a civics school he once ran
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- University of Southern California's David Kang says Korea is the only place on earth where the Cold War continues