The History Channel Set to Remake 'Roots'Breaking News
tags: slavery, History channel, Roots
The History Channel is set to remake one of the biggest and most successful miniseries ever, Roots, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The cable network has acquired the rights to both the original miniseries as well as the book, Roots: the Saga of an American Family, from Alex Haley's estate. Mark Wolper, son of the original executive producer David L. Wolper, is set to execute the remake and has already started the search for a writer for the project, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump’s Getting Us Ready to Fight a Nuclear War
- Monticello Is Done Avoiding Jefferson’s Relationship With Sally Hemings
- Sessions cites Bible passage used to defend slavery in defense of separating immigrant families
- Trump-Kim Deal Promises Answers for Families of Korean War M.I.A.s
- Massachusetts High School Apologizes After Nazi Quote Is Printed in Yearbook
- Randall Stephens predicts most evangelicals will probably fail to come to grips with Trump’s cynical manipulations, his divisive, culture-war grandstanding, his philandering, and his lying
- Wiliam Reese, Leading Seller of Rare Books, Is Dead at 62
- Alisse Theodore points out that women first became politically active in the fight against Andrew Jackson’s genocidal Indian Removal campaign
- More fallout from SHAFR's decision to invite David Petraeus as keynote speaker
- ‘EU is weakest world power’ Niall Ferguson says