Southern secessionist group lists two TN lawmakers as weekend speakersBreaking News
tags: Tennessee, neo-Confederates
Two Tennessee lawmakers were scheduled to speak at a Southern secessionist group’s meeting this weekend, and while a representative for one claims he’s spent a month trying to get his name off the event’s announcement, the other is ready to go and supports preparing Tennessee to part ways with the United States.
A website for the Southern National Congress says Rep. Judd Matheny, R-Tullahoma, and Sen. Frank Niceley, R-Strawberry Plains, will discuss their proposed legislation at the group’s sixth session, today through Sunday at Fall Creek Falls State Park. But critics are concerned about the organization’s secessionist philosophy and ties to the League of the South, listed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center for its desire to create a white-led nation....
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?