Navy veteran remembers deadly Beirut bombing of 1983Breaking News
tags: Beirut bombing
SOLON, Ohio – Thirty years ago on Oct. 23, Navy Lt. Greg Rosenberg was lying on his bunk when the little corner of Beirut, Lebanon, where he was sleeping exploded with a massive roar.
A suicide bomber had just driven a truck laden with explosives into barracks housing U.S. Marines of a multinational peacekeeping force.
The four-story building collapsed, killing 220 Marines, 18 sailors and three soldiers, wounding another 128 American servicemen....
comments powered by Disqus
- A 1911 Report Set America On a Path of Screening Out ‘Undesirable’ Immigrants
- Think it’s strange that immigrants are in the army?
- The story of Donald Trump’s grandfather, who came to the U.S. as an unaccompanied minor
- At Summit Meetings, Kremlin Often Tried to Steamroller U.S. Presidents
- How A Tariff Loving Utah Senator Became A Cautionary Tale About Protectionism
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama
- Oxford professor counts 93 penises in Bayeux Tapestry
- Medieval Scholars Call for Transparency and Anti-Racism at Conference
- Robert Dallek's FDR Book Invites Comparisons To Trump's Presidency
- Ridley Scott to Adapt Israeli Author's "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" Into a Movie