Much Bigger Than The Shutdown: Niall Ferguson's Public Flogging Of Paul KrugmanHistorians in the News
tags: Niall Ferguson
While America was distracted by the theatrics of the government shutdown and threat of default something of much greater importance occurred. Niall Ferguson undertook a public flogging of Paul Krugman.
Krugman's horns now forever will show under his dislodged faux halo. For this the world will prove a safer, and much more decent, place.
Niall Ferguson - Harvard professor (and Stanford University's Hoover Institution fellow, and Jesus College, Oxford, Senior Research Fellow) - launched a three part series, in the Huffington Post, entitled Krugtron the Invincible, Parts 1, 2 and 3 with a notable coda at Project Syndicate. Ferguson succeeds in methodically humiliating New York Times columnist, celebrity blogger, and Nobel economic prize laureate Paul Krugman, together with his "gaggle of bloggers who are to Krugman what Egyptian plovers are to crocodiles."...
comments powered by Disqus
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- How the Activists Who Tore Down Durham's Confederate Statue Got Away With It
- Many Trump Voters Think We Need a White History Month
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority
- Historians fear ‘censorship’ under Poland’s Holocaust law