UCR Historian Launches Archaeological SocietyHistorians in the News
tags: Archaeological Institute of America, Denver Graninger
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — A series of events aimed at increasing local interest in archaeology will be held in Riverside and Redlands this fall, organized by UC Riverside history professor Denver Graninger.
Graninger is working to establish a local society of the Archaeological Institute of America (AIA), the oldest and largest organization in North America devoted to archaeology. The nonprofit group, founded in 1879 and chartered by Congress in 1906, has more than 200,000 members in local societies in the United States...
comments powered by Disqus
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Industrial Toxins
- Did Abraham Lincoln sleep here?
- University of South Carolina unveils statue of first black professor
- Inside Billy Graham's Powerful Relationship With U.S. Presidents
- Children have changed America before, braving fire hoses and police dogs for civil rights
- The next president of the OAH will be ... Yale's Joanne Meyerowitz
- Top Ten Signs the US is the most Corrupt nation in the World (2018 Edn.)
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2018 George Washington Prize
- McMaster could leave WH after months of tension with Trump
- AHA President Mary Beth Norton says ending sexual harassment is a high priority