New history of Australia to be launchedHistorians in the News
TIM PALMER: A new history of Australia will be launched by the Governor General in Melbourne today, just as the Federal Education Minister Christopher Pyne is indicating he's happy to reopen the so-called history wars.
One of the editors of the new Cambridge History of Australia is the prolific and left leaning academic professor Stuart Macintyre.
A decade ago he wrote The History Wars, critiquing the reinterpretation of European settlement in Australia. He says the Federal Government would be well advised to refrain from re-opening old debates....
comments powered by Disqus
- At Quaker library, a grim find: Native American remains in display case
- The spirit of 1968: global perspectives on the student revolution
- Trump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing ChampionTrump Pardons Jack Johnson, Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold
- The NFL Told Teams to Stand During the National Anthem in the 1960s
- Historian William Polk is alarmed at the latest plan to stabilize Afghanistan
- On Becoming An American Jewish Historian
- Law professor has a theory about the 2nd Amendment historians might want to consider
- Number of history majors is up at community colleges
- Archaeologists are rewriting the history of Arabia