Long-time Duke University history professor Lawrence Goodwyn diesHistorians in the News
tags: obituaries, historians
Wade Goodwyn said his father died on Sunday after battling emphysema.
Lawrence Goodwyn founded the Texas Coalition, an alliance of African American, Hispanic, and labor groups that battled conservatives and registered Texas minorities to vote. In 1968, Goodwyn joined and helped organize a group that campaigned against President Lyndon Johnson's re-election bid....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian H.R. McMaster out, John Bolton is in
- Polish attorney general’s office calls Holocaust law unconstitutional
- Will Trump break American democracy?
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- Last Fall This Scholar Defended Colonialism. Now He’s Defending Himself.
- Jim Loewen is helping teachers teach difficult historical topics tied to race relations
- Historian (and US Senator) Ben Sasse writing book on polarization
- Historian: The Heavy Burden of Teaching My Son About American Racism
- Teachers are using ‘Black Panther’ to discuss African colonialism and American racism