UF history professor Alan Petigny found dead in apartmentHistorians in the News
tags: obituaries, historians
Florin Curta last saw his colleague and fellow history professor Alan Petigny last Monday outside their offices at the University of Florida.
“We chatted, he was positive and full of life and new projects,” Curta said. Petigny had just begun writing his second book, about changes in U.S. culture after World War II, and wanted Curta to read the first chapter.
It was the last time the two would speak to each other. Petigny, 48, died last week, law enforcement officials said, apparently of natural causes....
comments powered by Disqus
- The Rothschilds, a pamphlet by ‘Satan’ and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories tied to a battle 200 years ago
- How Smithsonian Helped Solve the Twitter Mystery of the Unknown Woman Scientist
- It’s Disturbingly Easy to Buy Iraq’s Archeological Treasures
- Geneticist at Harvard Medical School has retrieved DNA from more than 900 ancient people.
- A load of gold worth up to $54 million went missing during the Civil War. There may be a break in the case.