Archaeology dig set in Jacksonville's Chinese QuarterBreaking News
Southern Oregon University archaeologists will return to Jacksonville next month to conduct more excavations at the old Chinese Quarter.
Working in collaboration with the Oregon Department of Transportation and the city of Jacksonville, SOU's Laboratory of Anthropology will do excavations along Main Street from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The public is invited to watch. Main Street is located south of California Street and runs from First to Fifth streets....
SOU's archaeological work this year will expand on previous excavations in an attempt to uncover buildings associated with the neighborhood when it burned in the late 1880s....
comments powered by Disqus
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism