Bodies of Second World War airmen pulled from Muskoka lakeBreaking News
tags: World War II
OTTAWA—More than 70 years after they disappeared into the waters of Lake Muskoka, the pilots of Nomad 3521 have been recovered.
And on Tuesday, Peter Campbell, 24, of Britain and Canadian Ted Bates, 27, will be buried in a cemetery in Guelph, Ont.
“This recovery will provide closure to the families . . . These airmen can now be laid to rest with the military honours that they so rightfully deserve,” Defence Minister Rob Nicholson said in a statement....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama