Last Hitler bodyguard Rochus Misch diesBreaking News
tags: Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler
A former bodyguard of Adolf Hitler who witnessed the Nazi dictator's final hours has died in Germany aged 96.
Rochus Misch was the last survivor from Hitler's bunker in Berlin.
The former SS man had operated the telephones in the bunker and had proudly reminisced about his wartime duties for the "boss".
He had called Hitler "a very normal man... he was no brute, he was no monster", according to the Associated Press news agency.
comments powered by Disqus
- Human Evolution: Walking Upright Evolved at Least 3.6 Million Years Ago—Long Before Modern Humans Appeared
- Why a primary challenge to Trump is likely to fail
- Smog and Disasters Spurred the Laws Trump Wants to Undo
- After Sylvester Stallone Call, Trump Considers ‘Full Pardon’ of Long-Dead Black Boxer
- Disclosed: Journalist helped defuse a budding conflict between the US and Cuba in 1964
- Dartmouth historian Matthew J. Garcia says conservative partisans in Arizona have taken over a civics school he once ran
- Berkeley’s Carolyn Merchant explains what ecofeminism is
- University of Southern California's David Kang says Korea is the only place on earth where the Cold War continues
- W.R. Smyser, U.S. diplomat turned historian of postwar Germany, dies at 86
- Max Boot: North Korea is conning Donald Trump yet again