Wiesenthal Center calls for boycott of Adolf Hitler wineBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler, Simon Wiesenthal Center, memorabilia, boycotts
But enough about the wine -- it's the label that's causing a furor.
The Simon Wiesenthal Center, a Los Angeles-based human rights organization, has called for a global ban on Italian winemakers Vini Lunardelli, whose "historical line" of wines includes labels featuring images of Adolf Hitler and various Nazi slogans.
Want a little "Sieg Heil" with your chardonnay? Lunardelli has you covered. But unless you're planning a dinner party for some very particular company, chances are you'll be drinking that bottle alone....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Trowbridge’s Clio app featured as a top humanities project in US
- Juan Cole says Israel is now openly embracing apartheid and racial supremacy
- Historians accuse Croatia of covering up World War II Crimes
- Waitman Wade Beorn: Historians can and should draw parallels between the 1930s and today
- "Never underestimate human stupidity," says historian Yuval Harari whose fans include Bill Gates and Barack Obama