Ancient ammunition found at Mingary CastleBreaking News
tags: Scotland, The Scotsman (UK), Mingary Castle, ammunition, muskets
A MEDIEVAL castle in the Highlands has revealed signs of its bloody past after a musket ball and cannonball were found by archaeologists.
The artifacts are the latest discoveries by the team tasked with excavating Mingary Castle in west Ardnamurchan, Lochaber, for the first time.
The castle is thought to be the best preserved 13th-century castle in Scotland.
The musket ball is just under an inch in diameter and has been described as being “extremely heavy” due to having a high lead....
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?