Ancient ammunition found at Mingary CastleBreaking News
tags: Scotland, The Scotsman (UK), Mingary Castle, ammunition, muskets
A MEDIEVAL castle in the Highlands has revealed signs of its bloody past after a musket ball and cannonball were found by archaeologists.
The artifacts are the latest discoveries by the team tasked with excavating Mingary Castle in west Ardnamurchan, Lochaber, for the first time.
The castle is thought to be the best preserved 13th-century castle in Scotland.
The musket ball is just under an inch in diameter and has been described as being “extremely heavy” due to having a high lead....
comments powered by Disqus
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream