2,000-year-old Roman ship found off GenoaBreaking News
tags: archaeology, Italy, Ancient Rome, Genoa
The discovery was made by police divers off the coast of Porto Maurizio, Liguria, Il Secolo XIX reported.
At least 50 Roman vases were found in the ship, 50 metres below sea level, which remains completely intact.
“This is an exceptional discovery,” Lieutenant Colonel Francesco Schilardi told the newspaper.
“Now it’s a matter of protecting the ship and keeping the grave...
comments powered by Disqus
- Law Prof: If Recent SCOTUS Decisions Relied on Bad History, Opponents Need to Come Up with a Better Version
- How Hitler's Favorite Passion Play Lost its Anti-Semitism
- Fighting Back Against Book Banners
- At CPAC, Trump Presents a Violent Blueprint for Taking Power
- Mario Fiorentini (1918-2022): The Last Surviving Italian Partisan
- Revisiting Lady Rochford and Her Alleged Betrayal of Anne Boleyn
- Walter Russell Mead: Non-Jewish Interest Groups, not "Israel Lobby" Drive Hawkish US Mideast Policy
- The Architecture of the Shopping Mall Shaped by Racism, Surveillance
- The Misuse of History in 2021 Documentary "The Business of Birth Control"
- It's Hard to Be God