Brown names Neil Safier as new John Carter Brown library headHistorians in the News
tags: Ivy League, Brown University, University of British Columbia, Niel Safier
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island — Brown University has chosen a University of British Columbia history professor to be the new director and librarian of the John Carter Brown Library.
Neil Safier will assume his new job at Brown in October. He succeeds Edward Widmer, who last year was named an assistant to the president for special projects....
comments powered by Disqus
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?
- Outcry over Sparse Representation of Jews in Movie History at New Academy Museum in Hollywood
- 60 Minutes Report: Who Betrayed Anne Frank?
- Rev. William Barber II: Voting Rights Not Just a Black Issue
- Manchin and Sinema are Fulfilling John Roberts's Vision
- Kathleen Belew Asked How Historical Subfields Would Approach the Chicken Crossing the Road...
- More Enslaved Africans Came to the Americas Through this Port than Anywhere Else. Why Have so Few Heard of It?
- How one WWII Division Set the Stage for Modern Skiing
- Annette Gordon-Reed: Don't Accept "Cuddly" King Image
- New Book Challenges Civil War Myths in Maryland