Obama to Name New National MonumentsBreaking News
tags: Barack Obama, Maryland, national monuments, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, Washington (state), Ohio
President Obama, who has been criticized for favoring oil and gas development over land conservation in his first term, on Monday will designate five new national monuments, according to officials briefed on the decision.
They are the First State National Monument in Delaware and Pennsylvania; the Rio Grande del Norte National Monument in New Mexico; the San Juan Islands National Monument in Washington State; Charles Young Buffalo Soldiers National Monument in Ohio and a monument commemorating Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railway in Maryland....
comments powered by Disqus
- Demonizing Critical Race Theory
- Hideki Tojo's Ashes Scattered By US, Documents Reveal
- Plantation Planned Juneteenth Event that would Tell the Stories of Displaced ‘White Refugees’
- The Complicated History Behind BLM's Solidarity With The Pro-Palestinian Movement
- Rand Paul Offers an Accidentally Useful Jim Crow Analogy in Rationalizing His Party’s Illiberal Shift
- Postal Historian Asks the PRC to Return the Postal Service to a Mission of Service
- Is There an Uncontroversial Way to Teach America’s Racist History?
- White House Pushes To Jump-Start Civil Rights-Era Cold Cases Board
- Toll from Political Push at UNC Continues to Mount
- Legislating Against Critical Race Theory