July 20 plotter von Kleist diesBreaking News
tags: Guardian (UK), Adolf Hitler, wald-Heinrich von Kleist, July 20 plot
Ewald-Heinrich von Kleist, the last surviving participant in the main plot to kill Adolf Hitler, has died aged 90.
Von Kleist, who once volunteered to wear a suicide vest to assassinate the Nazi dictator, died at his home in Munich on Friday, said his wife, Gundula.
Von Kleist was born on 10 July 1922, on his family estate Schmenzin in Pomerania, in an area of north-eastern Germany that is now part of Poland.
The Von Kleist family was a long line of Prussian landowners, who had served the state for centuries in high-ranking military and administrative positions....
comments powered by Disqus
- A Brief History of GOP Attempts to Kill the Education Dept.
- New York Is Building a New Monument to Women’s History—And It Wants the Public’s Help
- Charleston Apologizes for City’s Role in Slave Trade
- With 'America First,' Trump Challenges The World Constructed After World War II
- Newly Discovered ‘Limb Pit’ Reveals Civil War Surgeons’ Bitter Choices
- Conservative Mark Bauerlein says humanities faculty are in denial about their own role in the decline of the humanities
- President Trump Is Looking for Suggestions for Pardons
- Black history is still largely ignored, 70 years after Empire Windrush reached Britain
- Senegal historian decries long shadows of colonialism
- “As if George Wallace had won in 1968″