Only surviving synagogue near Auschwitz on verge of collapseRoundup
tags: Holocaust, Judaism, Poland, Auschwitz, Jews, Nazi, NBC
A synagogue near the former Nazi death camp Auschwitz is on the verge of collapse, officials warned on Wednesday.
The head of the Auschwitz Jewish Center Foundation, which maintains the historic building in the southern Polish city of Oswiecim, said in a phone interview that the synagogue is on unstable ground and if it is not reinforced soon, it may crumble.
"There are already small cracks visible," Tomasz Kuncewicz said. "A thorough examination found that the ground is unstable and with heavy rain or something similar, anything can happen."...
comments powered by Disqus
- Josephine Baker First American, Black Woman, and Performer Inducted to French Pantheon
- An Unknown Supreme Court Clerk Created the "Viability" Standard in Roe v. Wade
- A New Force in American Labor: Academics
- Rutgers Gets Mixed Results in Examining Connections to Slavery
- Virginia's Universities are Part of a Long Racial Reckoning