Michael Oren objects to 60 Minutes story before it's airedHistorians in the News
HNN: Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren, the historian, was on the hot seat on Sixty Minutes tonight, for objecting to a story correspondent Bob Simon was doing before the story even aired. The story focused on the suffering of Christians in the traditional holy places of Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth, whose numbers have been dwindling as a result of Israeli measures to limit terrorism. The story did not suggest that Israel is targeting Christians. Rather, they have been collateral damage as Israel cracks down on Muslims. An excerpt follows.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Gen. Eisenhower Threatened to Quit Just Before D-Day
- Who Should Own Photos of Slaves? The Descendants, not Harvard, a Lawsuit Says
- No, Fox’s Katie Pavlich, the US Wasn’t the First to Abolish Slavery
- Boeing Brings 100 Years Of History To Its Fight To Restore Its Reputation
- Destroying Istanbul to 'Restore' It
- Medgar Evers' home established as a national monument in Jackson
- MIT Historian Kate Brown Alleges United Nations Scientific Cover-Up Of Death And Disease Toll From Chernobyl
- Atlanta’s Civil War Monument, Minus the Pro-Confederate Bunkum
- In the age of distraction, one small publisher keeps local history alive in sepia tones
- Historians Weigh In: Are we returning to an age of political extremes?